Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jason reveals his (tentative and partial) schedule for SFIFF

It starts tomorrow, I better have this freakin' planned out!

That's the nice thing about getting a pass, I don't have to know what I'm doing beyond tomorrow. But I've pretty well settled on the first week.

Thursday, April 24
7:00 pm at the Castro: The Last Mistress (starring Asia Argento!) followed by the opening night party

Friday, April 25
at the Kabuki
7:00 pm: Alexandra
8:45 pm: Black Belt
10:30 pm: Mother of Tears (woo hoo! Dario Argento, and starring Asia! My only concern, the short turnaround between Black Belt and Mother of Tears means I won't have time to drink much free Stella Artois)

Saturday, April 26
at the Kabuki all day
1:00 pm: Just Like Home
3:45 pm: The Toe Tactic
6:45 pm: Ice People
9:00 pm: Water Lilies
11:45 pm: Go Go Tales (more Asia Argento!)

Sunday, April 27
I'm moving to the PFA for this day
1:30 pm: Forbidden Lie$
3:45 pm: Latent Argentina
6:00 pm: Leave Her to Heaven
8:30 pm: You, the Living

Monday, April 28
I'm staying at the PFA
6:30 pm: Traveling with Pets
9:00 pm: Sleep Dealer

Tuesday, April 29
Back to the Kabuki, just one show
7:30 pm: The POV Award: Errol Morris, with Standard Operating Procedure

Wednesday, April 30
Back to the PFA
6:30 pm: Vasermil
8:55 pm: Mock up on Mu

Thursday, May 1
At the Kabuki
6:00 pm: Stranded: I've Come From a Plane That Crashed in the Mountains
9:30 pm: My Winnipeg (woo hoo! Guy Maddin!)

Friday, May 2
Still at the Kabuki
7:00 pm: Shadows in the Palace
9:00 pm: In the City of Sylvia
11:00 pm: Big Man Japan

Saturday, May 3
I don't know, then more I don't know, then...
7:00 pm: The Wackness (some confusion here, because the printed mini-guide shows this at 7:30, but the website and the thicker program guide says 7:00. I hope 7:00 is right, because otherwise I'll be a little late for the next show)
9:15 pm: A Journey with Peter Sellars
11:00 pm: Timecrimes

Sunday, May 4
Starting at the Kabuki
10:15 am: Stay Tooned, Kids! (yeah, I like cartoons, wanna fight about it!?)
then I don't know, then...
3:45 pm: The Art of Negative Thinking
then walk up the street to the Clay Theater
6:00 pm: A Girl Cut in Two
9:00 pm: Secret

And then I really don't know the rest of my schedule. And, of course, all the above is subject to change. I know I want to see David Mamet's "Redbelt" on Tuesday, May 6 at 9:15, but also "Evolution: The Musical" looks interesting, and I know "Redbelt" is coming to general theaters soon. I already made the wrenching decision to miss "Mongol" based on the same logic.

I also know that I'll miss Wednesday, May 7, because I'm going to the Hypnodrome to see "Starslyderz" instead. And I want to see the closing night gala "Gonzo: the Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson", as much because it's directed by Alex Gibney ("Taxi to the Dark Side") as because it's about Hunter S. Thompson.

No comments: