Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Jason watches "The Mist"

And there are some scares, but mostly I was put off by the disparity between the comically cheesy monsters and the deadly serious (not good, just really serious) acting. This could have been good, campy fun. And even if the acting were great and the monsters were more than cheesy CGI creations, the story would still be ludicrous to the point where it doesn't aspire to more than good, campy fun.

I suppose I could say something about the will to survive and how when people are scared to death they'll follow any fool who says he or she can talk to God, no matter how crazy they are (even when she starts calling for human sacrifices). And I suppose I could try to tie that idea into current events. But really, I just wished the whole movie was as cheesy as the monsters.

With all that said, I loved the ending. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

No comments: