- I may drink as much water as I like
- I may also drink tea, but I can't put any sweetener in it
- I may eat one apple a day
- I may not eat anything else
- It started last night (Sunday, 11/25/07) at sundown
- It ends Friday night at sundown (ummm...because I have a Friday night party to go to--food is too damn social!)
I will try to remember to track my weight during this. At the start, this morning, my weight was 222 lbs. If nothing else, I will report my weight at the end. But I should stress this isn't really about losing weight, it's about testing my endurance in a really stupid way. An epic battle of man vs. his own dumb-ass idea.
In any case, it's day 1 and the apple of the day is the Granny Smith. Really a staple of my childhood and my diet today. Tart, crisp, and hard. Many people consider this a baking apple, too sour to eat directly. I disagree, and if you have a taste for Granny Smith, all other apples are too sweet and cloying. That won't keep me from sampling other apples over the week, but I wanted to start with the one I love.
Hey, if I hold the apple like this, it's bigger than my friend Gerry's head. There's no way I'll be able to eat that!
Ahhh...the first juicy bite. And so it begins: