Sunday, May 27, 2007

Jason goes to the Hypnodrome and has a head trip

I've enjoyed the work of the Thrillpeddlers for many years now, and I have only one regret about their newest show--that I didn't see it sooner! Specifically, I regret that I didn't blog about it sooner because there's only one weekend left--next Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and it's so awesome I want to tell everyone to see it.

Ever since moving into their dedicated Hypnodrome theater, there shows have gotten bigger and better every year. Their thing is reviving the 1920's Paris Grand Guignol tradition, and mixing classic Grand Guignol plays with new ones written themselves. It's a series of short plays, featuring the guillotine, heads kept alive in glass jars, sex, perversion, drag queens, and Jack Chick. And a sing-along of "Bohemian Rhapsody" on a player piano--yeah!

To say more would spoil so much of the fun. If you're in town, just go, only three more nights left. Details at http://www.hypnodrome.com/.

No comments: