Friday, January 22, 2010

Jason slips into a Vortex and sees PAYDAY and THE ARTFUL PENETRATION OF BARBARA

Back at my favorite underground film cult location. Played it light, just two martinis and a beer. Oh yeah, and a couple of movies.

PAYDAY: Rip Torn plays a cynical, manipulative country singer. He's a jerk, the movie is very episodic, and I had trouble staying awake. But screw it, I'm still counting the minutes.

THE ARTFUL PENETRATION OF BARBARA (aka BLACK ON WHITE): Tinto Brass, that pretty much says it all. Or do you want me to say more? Fair Barbara wanders through town, followed by the band Freedom, has weird thoughts/fantasies. Much of it sexual, some of it violent (a lot of it a blunt critique of society's acceptance of violence and prohibition on eroticism). She keeps seeing the same black man. And it's all very artistic.

BTW, if you didn't know, Tinto Brass is the Italian erotic film master who directed (among many other films) Bob Guccione's CALIGULA.

Running Time: 183
My total minutes: 167,343

BTW, if you're paying careful attention, you'll notice that my total minutes are not necessarily my previous total plus the running time of the current post. That's because sometimes I see top-secret screenings with press blackouts. I still count them towards my minutes, but I don't blog about them.

No comments: