Sunday, October 14, 2012

Jason watches THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER

And I liked it. It's a nicely awkward slice of high school life, as Charlie (Logan Lerman) starts his freshman year of high school after recovering from some slowly-revealed psychological trauma. Eventually he makes friends in the form of Patrick (Ezra Miller, great as the quirky-cool gay kid) and Sam (Emma Watson, who quickly becomes his close-friend-but-unrequited-crush.) But the casting that surprised me the most was horror FX guru Tom Savini as the shop teacher. Just seeing Savini on screen makes me think horror, but this isn't a horror movie. Or is it...

Kid with psychological issues that makes him see things and occasionally black out and kick the asses of the bullies in school. Violence, blood, death (in his past) and creepy, unexplained psychological issues. In an alternate universe, this same story could be made as a horror movie. And that makes me love it all the more.

Note: it is not made in the style of a horror movie. That's just my weird obsession that makes me see it as one.

Running Time: 103 minutes
My total Minutes: 299,858

No comments: