Friday, October 12, 2012

Jason slips into a Vortex and sees BLOOD AND BLACK LACE

And I had four martinis, which should have meant I would feel awful this morning. But I actually feel fine. Weird, perhaps my tolerance has been built up really high. Which is good news, what with Scotchtoberfest coming up in a couple of weeks. But that's another story.

Oh yeah, the movie. BLOOD AND BLACK LACE is a Mario Bava classic and a wonderful example of the "giallo" film. Gruesome murders, eroticism, a fetishistic style, it's all there. A fashion model is murdered by a mysterious figure in a cloak, hat, and white cloth mask over his face. They discover a diary which might have incriminating evidence on who the killer is. Then the diary disappears. And then more fashion models are gruesomely murdered, as the killer is apparently looking for the diary. You know, classic giallo stuff. Awesome.

My only regret is I didn't stick around for BLUE BLOOD. I'm sure that would've been classic, too. Anyway, next week is THE MEPHISTO WALTZ and LOVE ME DEADLY. More info available by joining their Facebook group.

Running Time: 88 minutes
My Total Minutes: 299,613

No comments: