Friday, October 19, 2012

Jason slips into a Vortex and watches THE MEPHISTO WALTZ

I learned my lesson Wednesday night about too many martinis. So last night I had four manhattans instead (they're so delicious, I wish there was some magical land devoted to them--like say an Island of Manhattan.)

Anyway, I then settled in for THE MEPHISTO WALTZ. Satanism and classical piano, with pre-M*A*S*H Alan Alda. He plays a music journalist who used to have a promising career. He studied at Juilliard but his career ended abruptly when his first concert got awful reviews. But through his journalism he interviews an aging classical pianist Duncan Ely (Curt Jurgens) who takes him under his wing. And then performs a Satanic spell to switch souls so he can stay young forever.

There's something I just love about watching Alan Alda play evil. And Alda + Satan is a perfect pairing (almost as good as Alda + a southern accent in THE MOONSHINE WAR.)

Running Time: 115 minutes
My Total Minutes: 300,823

No comments: