Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jason goes to Asianfest--Day 9

Although SFIAAFF had its closing night party on Thursday, there were really three more days left down in San Jose (where I often see the best films of the festival, just because I plan my SJ weekend before I figure out what I'll see in SF)

Opening night was the quirky romantic comedy/gangster flick/adventure AU REVOIR TAPEI. Kai is lovestruck, but his girlfriend is studying in France. So he spends his nights at a bookstore, reading a french textbook. There he catches the eye of sweet and helpful Susie, the bookstore clerk. There's also a gang of real estate agents/small time thugs, a mob boss who agrees to buy Kai a ticket to Paris if he just picks up one little package, a guy who's in love with the girl he works with at a convenience store, a cuckolded cop, and public dancing. And then it gets weird. And it was a lot of fun.

So was the after party, where there was plenty of free booze. Yay, booze!

Running Time: 80 minutes

My Total Minutes: 178,543

No comments: