Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Jason goes to the Cinequest 19 Launch Party

Normally I don't blog about parties I go to. I figure no one really cares that I went to the Indiefest Launch Party last Friday night, or that I went to a smaller (more exclusive) Cinequest Launch Party last night. However, I wanted to mention it for two reasons. First, because I mentioned recently (and repeatedly) that Berlin and Beyond has the best food. Well, that's not true. The mango and cheese wrapped in prosciutto.... The seared ahi tuna with caviar.... The rosemary chicken skewers.... Maybe it doesn't really count because it was kind of a VIP party, but it's the best I've been fed by a film festival. And second, apparently the entire Cinequest PR department reads my blog. Awesome! I managed to score a press package with about a dozen screeners for films that will be playing this year, and hopefully I'll view a good number of them and write about them before the festival. Hopefully more exciting news along that lines soon.

Cinequest 19 starts Feb. 25th. The schedule is out (earlier than ever), so start marking your calendars now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great chatting with you Jason! I look forward to seeing you again at the festival!
-Amanda Barnett