Saturday, April 21, 2007

Jason watches "Hot Fuzz"

And it's hilarious. 'nuf said.

Okay, I'll say a little more. Not only do they do to action movies what they did to horror movies in "Shaun of the Dead", they also do a pretty good job of throwing in sly references to their first movie. That is, they simultaneously mock, pay homage to, and make a better movie than the majority of the genre. And they do a great job of mocking small town values. Or rather, instead of the values themselves, they mock the obsession with small town values. Excellent, brilliant, and deserves an even higher score than their 88% fresh rating on rottentomatoes.

Oh yeah, and even with just the little teaser, I can't wait to see Simon Pegg in "Run, Fatboy, Run" this fall.

Okay, that's it.

1 comment:

Dadmaniac said...

Well,
I just saw that this was out. I wuz already gonna see it. But now it's a must see. I loved Shawn of the Dead. BTW, finally got around to seeing Pan's Labyrinth at the Bear Tooth last night. Not what I expected...in fact, better. Hated the Captain, loved Ofilia. And what's with the eyeballs-in-the hands monster. Creepy! A sad but eventually uplifting story.