Friday, June 2, 2017

Jason watches RADIO DREAMS

A fun little flick that played recently at the Roxie. Set in a Farsi-language radio station and starring Mohsen Namjoo and his glorious head of hair (as a fellow big haired guy, I'm impressed.) He plays the station’s program manager, Hamid. And he deals with all sorts of difficult talent, bills, and an owner who wants to take the station away from him. But he's got his dream, and his plan. A triumphant live musical broadcast of Metallica (Lars Ulrich cameos) and Kabul Dreams--Afghanistan's first rock band (who are a real band and are featured in the film.) A fun movie, with probably more social relevance than my drunk ass could appreciate at the time.

Yeah, of course I was drunk, I was coming from a baby shower.

Running Time: 93 minutes
My Total Minutes: 427,966

No comments: