Monday, March 26, 2012

Jason watches KILL LIST

Which was playing at the SFFS screen last week. I actually saw it last month at Indiefest, but I kinda dozed off in parts of it. Plus, as it turns out, it's a film that rewards multiple viewings.

First, I realized that I didn't actually sleep through too much last time. But there is still so much more I noticed a second time. In particular, how much of the shocking final action is mirrored in seemingly innocent early scenes. I want to avoid spoilers, so no details but I will say it's pretty incredible. Also, I completely forgot to mention last time how all the victims on the kill list thank the assassins before they do their work. And I understand the cult better now, and I think I have an explanation for why. But again, I can't get into that without spoilers. If you want to talk more about it, just e-mail me or find me at a local (SF Bay Area) film festival and talk to me.

Running Time: 95 minutes
My Total Minutes: 274,627

No comments: