Sunday, June 17, 2007

Jason watches "Ocean's 13"

Okay, I'm exhausted after Holehead, but Friday night traffic sucks, so I decided to kill some time watching a movie, and this was playing at the right time and place.

It's actually pretty enjoyable, perhaps even trimmed down by excluding Julia Roberts and Catherine Zeta-Jones (not that I wouldn't have preferred seeing them a bit). It's worlds better than "Ocean's 12", and for the first time I actually felt like every character got his due (although that might just be a function of repetition, I finally know all these guys after three movies).

It's odd that there's such an overt mention of Frank Sinatra (star of the original "Ocean's 11" in 1960, that has very little to do with the recent movies). In many ways the "old Vegas" vs. "new Vegas" battle they obsess over is pretty well illustrated by watching Frank Sinatra and George Clooney in their respective versions of "Ocean's 11".

So ultimately it's fun, much better than "Ocean's 12", but repetitious and predictable (up to a point). I'd give it praise, but it's conditional on there not being an "Ocean's 14".

Then I went home and slept for a day.

No comments: