Monday, June 18, 2007

Jason watches "The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer"

It was just really, really well timed after "Waitress". In fact, so well time I didn't have time to buy a ticket. Oops!

It would be insulting to say I want my money back. And that's not exactly true. It's a flashy, silly movie that does little more offense than waste 90 minutes. I won't begrudge anyone for liking it, but if this inspires you to anything, I feel sorry for you. There's just not much to remember from it. I think the most striking example of the thorough unimpressiveness of the franchise comes when Dr. Doom makes his appearance. I found myself asking "didn't he die in the first one?" I guess not, and I'm sure when FF3 comes around, I'll have forgetten his fate from this one, too.

So I guess in the whole debate over whether this is better than the first "Fantastic Four", my answer is, "who cares, I won't bother remembering either".

No comments: