Saturday, November 5, 2011

Jason slips into a Vortex and into the ASYLUM OF SATAN

So instead of going to the Cinema By The Bay opening night party, I booked it over to the Vortex Room (walked 1.7 miles in just under 30 minutes--just because I'm a fat slob doesn't mean I'm a fat, lazy slob). Got there just in time as the pre-film treats were playing. A couple of Manhattans down, and I was ready for some silly satanism.

And silly is the right word. A young woman wakes up in a hospital bed, not remembering how she got there. Turns out the asylum is a pretty weird place--run by a mysterious Dr. Specter (no double meaning in that name) and his androgynous nurse assistant Martine (who drew a "What's that? It's Pat!" reaction.) There are a lot of wheelchair bound patients in white robes with pointed hoods, making some gatherings look like a klansmen's retirement home. Eventually we do get to Satan, and of course Dr. Specter is sacrificing his patients to the dark lord. But by then I was still more interested in the trailer for THE CAR that they showed earlier.

Running Time: 80 minutes
My Total Minutes: 254,297

No comments: