Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jason watches JACKASS 3-D

Sigh...

I don't think there's any point in reviewing this as cinema. If it's art at all, it's performance art.

And there's no point in calling it juvenile and disgusting. It's called "JACKASS," and by the third time out in theaters (not to mention the MTV show that I never actually watched), you pretty much known what you're going to get.

And yes, there are scenes that are pretty clever, sometimes laugh out loud funny, although I've found that mostly it's the gang laughing at the one guy in pain that is the funniest part.

Look, this movie will find its audience, and there's nothing critics can do about that. And, in fact, I'm not ashamed to count myself as part of its audience. I greatly enjoyed a lot of the movie.

So why the sigh at the beginning? Because I thought JACKASS 2 was better, and maybe I got my hopes up too high.

Running Time: 94 minutes
My Total Minutes: 211,463

No comments: