Monday, April 9, 2012

Jason watches 21 JUMP STREET

I really had no interest in this movie. I never really watched the original show, the trailer looked dumb, and I just didn't care. And then it got great reviews (85% on Rotten Tomatoes) and people whose opinion I respect declared it hilarious. So I saw it, and they're more or less right. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum make a winning team. The turnabout that seven years later the definition of cool has changed so that Jonah Hill is now the cool one and Channing Tatum is uncool works. As for the winks to the audience about re-hashing old ideas from the 80's...eh, I could do without that, but it was pretty harmless. And I loved the Johnny Depp cameo (and I guess if I were a fan of the original series I would've gotten more from it, including caring about the Peter DeLuise cameo.)

Running Time: 109 minutes
My Total Minutes: 276,435

No comments: