Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jason previews SFIFF--HYSTERIA

Well, that was fun. I could say a lot about how it mixes a costume drama with a modern ribald romantic comedy. Or I could write about how the gender issues it plays with have all the more resonance in the current political climate where so many women's rights are being rolled back. Or I could mention the great acting, especially Maggie Gyllenhaal but also Hugh Dancy, Jonathan Pryce, and a profoundly bearded and delightfully witty Rupert Everett. But I'm only allowed a brief capsule review, so I'll let my inner 13 year old self write it:

Tee hee hee! It's about the invention of the vibrator! Tee hee, guffaw snort!

HYSTERIA plays in the festival twice:
Tuesday, May 1 at 9:30 at the Kabuki
Thursday, May 3 at 6:00 at the Film Society Cinema

Festival description and link for tickets here.

And if you miss it there, it opens in Bay Area Theaters May 25th.

Running Time: 99 minutes
My Total Minutes: 277,729

No comments: