Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jason watches "Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead" and then eats a delicious chicken sandwich

The Tromatic minds behind such cult classics "The Toxic Avenger", "Sgt. Kabukiman, NYPD", "Tromeo and Juliet", and "Terror Firmer" have topped themselves with the sickest, funniest movie I've seen from them--or most anyone--in a long time.


Arbie is a high school kid with a girlfriend named Wendy (yeah, all the names are taken from fast food places). She goes off to college, swearing she'll never change. But the next time he sees her, she's joined Collegiate Lesbians Against Mega-corporations (C.L.A.M.) protesting the opening of a new American Chicken Bunker, that happens to be built on a sacred burial ground of the Tromahawk tribe. To spite her, he gets a job in the ACB. Unfortunately, angry spirits and gross egg-thingies infect the already questionable "food", resulting in explosive diarrhea, immense amounts of green vomit, and eventual chicken zombie-ism. Yeah, good times!

Plot is not something I need to divulge further. I've also heard the argument that this is a political movie. Yeah, I can see that, but really it's more about take-no-prisoners, offend-everyone comedy (some call this "politically incorrect", but I'm tired of that term). And besides, trying to find deep meaning in a Troma movie is pretty fucking pointless. I will reiterate that this is a very offensive, very gross, and very funny movie. Intentionally campy movies are very hard to do, and lord knows Troma has failed many times, but this time they've got it right.

Oh yeah, and it's a musical!

So then I celebrated this movie by going up the street to the Monk's Kettle, an excellent but very crowded beer pub and restaurant (actually, I had a couple of pre-movie beers there, too). There I treated myself to a tasty grilled chicken sandwich, with a couple of beers just to be safe.

No comments: