Sunday, October 21, 2007

Jason slips into a Vortex and sees "The Car"

So after a few Arab Film Festival screenings, I ran over to the Vortex for their Saturday night party/screening. I downed a couple of martinis and settled in to watch James Brolin battle a psychotic demon automobile. I'd never seen it, and from the opening quote by Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey, I was hooked. I could go on about the excellent desert landscape cinematography, the enigmatic nature of the titular devil car, how its restraint in hinting at the carnage makes it better, etc. But really I was there to get drunk, watch people get hit by a car, and laugh at jokes about shoving french horns up your butt so far you'll fart music for a year. And I was not disappointed. That was just what I needed.

No comments: