Friday, January 20, 2017

Jason watches DOCTOR STRANGE

I took a little break from Jewfest South to see the newest Marvel superhero. And it was fun. It holds to my rule of Marvel movies: To see the universe move forward, watch a Captain America movie. To have some plain-old fun, see the introduction to a new series (follow-ups are hit and miss.) To see a bunch of bloated fan service, watch an Avengers movie.

Benedict Cumberbatch is great, of course. The supporting cast is also great. I will acknowledge and not comment on the white-washing controversy over Tilda Swinton as The Ancient One (not because I don't care, but because I don't know the source comics well enough to voice an informed opinion other than, 'yeah, if that character was Asian in the comics, probably shoulda been Asian in the movie.')

But the real start is the mind-bending visuals. Great job, taking what INCEPTION did a few years ago and going even further. Wow.

Running Time: 115 minutes
My Total Minutes: 438,189

No comments: