Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Jason watches DEADPOOL

President's Day is a holiday, but Indiefest doesn't play any movies until the evening. So I took the opportunity to check out this little movie that came out last weekend.

And it's funny. Really fucking funny. And bloody and violent. But mostly just really, really, really funny. From the opening credits that make fun of everyone involved, to the ending that spoofs/pays homage to the greatest fourth-wall breaker of all time. It's a quick ride, lots of fun, and if you don't get all the little in-jokes don't worry, another one is coming soon.

The story hits all the necessary notes. The origin story, the motivation, the characters. I could complain about on lazy script detail--that if he had just come clean to the love interest right away, there would have been no problem (I think I've said that before)...but also no movie. So I'll let that slide and just enjoy the ride.

Running Time: 108 minutes
My Total Minutes: 417,881

No comments: