Monday, June 3, 2013

Jason watches the Thrillpeddlers' TINSEL TARTS IN A HOT COMA

Have I mentioned I love the Thrillpeddlers? Well, I do, and while I got hooked on their Grand Guignol Shocktoberfest shows I also love their absurd, bawdy, and outrageous revivals of the Cockettes musicals. This time they do a bit of a riff on the Cockettes cult fame in SF, their glowing review by Rex Reed, and their disastrous show in New York, where they were mocked for--among other things--cardboard sets. They play well to the crowd here, claiming their show in NY was fine, they just forgot to bring an SF audience, and the audience is everything (as the star of several audiences, I'd like to agree--I am the most important part of the show.)

Anyway, it's a hilarious, musical, cross-country-and-back show about fame, the desire for it, and the trouble with it. And by the end there's quite a bit of glittery nakedness. Quite a show indeed, and a lot of fun if you're into that sort of thing.
 
And it's held over until June 29th. Tickets are available here.

No comments: