Monday, September 10, 2012

Jason hosts Bad Movie Night: THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS (Part 1)

So this month at Bad Movie Night is BORED OF THE RINGS month. All of Peter Jackson's LOTR movies, all in the extended edition. For the rest of the month we're breaking THE TWO TOWERS and RETURN OF THE KING into two parts (like on the two disk DVD set.) I missed last week, when they did the full extended version of THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING. Of course, I saw it when it came out and more than once on DVD, so here's what I remember: People walk around, talk about danger, walk some more, talk some more, can't walk there so walk somewhere else...all while wearing silly costumes.

THE TWO TOWERS is a lot more of the same. But now there are two or three groups of characters walking around in different places, plus a dwarf running while talking to himself (as if talking will help him keep his breath.) Snore. And I was pretty drunk while hosting, so I know I said a lot of inappropriate things. But I still maintain that everything sounds sexier in Gollum's voice.

Okay, maybe I was drunker than I thought.

Running Time (approx): 118 minutes
My Total Minutes: 297,953

No comments: