Saturday, May 22, 2010

Jason slips into a Vortex and sees THE MONITORS and THE WAR IN SPACE

Right after seeing P.U.S. perform their take on Faust, the Vortex room was just a block away and I arrived just in time for the first show.

THE MONITORS is a silly bit of late 60's sci-fi paranoia about a seemingly benevolent race of aliens in bowler hats who make sure everyone plays nice together. All this world peace just doesn't sit right with some people, who want their freedom back. By the end, I was totally rooting for the monitors, because it turns out people are jerks.

And then THE WAR IN SPACE. Ummm...it's Japanese, by Toho studios, and it's about a war in space. Okay, I might've gotten drunk and dozed through a lot of this, but I think I caught all the important bits. There's a war...and it's in space.

Total Running Time: 179 minutes
My Total Minutes: 185,639

No comments: